Who we are
Our website address is: https://carlosmethodfitness.com.
Third-party website links, social media plug-ins and mobile applications
Third-party website links, social media plug-ins and mobile applications This website may include links or “plug-ins” to social media sites (such as Facebook, X, LinkedIn and YouTube) and links to third-party websites and applications, such as MindBody Inc. (a USA-based company) which you can use to make bookings for our services. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections or using a mobile application may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, social media sites or mobile applications and are not responsible for their privacy statements. The social media plug-ins allow you to communicate with such services and like or comment from our website. Social media plug-ins enable a direct communication between your device and the servers of the social media provider, allowing the social media provider to communicate with you and collect information about you browsing our website. Transfer of personal data takes places whether you have an account with the provider or not. Please note that we neither have the control of the extent of personal data that is collected by the respective plug-in provider nor do we know the processing’s purpose or the period your personal data will be retained. When you leave our website, or when you use a mobile application or visit a social media site we encourage you to read the provider’s privacy notice and your privacy settings.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or other identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, next of kin and gender.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. • Financial Data includes bank account details (we will see this in our bank statement when you make a direct banking payment).
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes your name, username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) unless it is volunteered by you, for example when you register with us for personal training or nutritional advice services or when you use a fitness machine in our studio and you choose to volunteer your personal data. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• contact us via our website contact form;
• contact us via our social media channels;
• apply for our products or services;
• create an account with us;
• subscribe to our services or publications;
• request marketing to be sent to you;
• enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
• contact us (whether by phone, text, email, post, via our website or otherwise) or give us some feedback.
• Photographs. Where you have given us your express consent, we may take your photograph and share your photographic image in our social media accounts or in our marketing literature. We will never share your photographic image without your permission.
• Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
• Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
(b) advertising networks such as Google Remarketing and Google Tag Manager based inside OR outside the EU; and
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment, debt recovery and fraud protection services based inside the EU, such as BACS and Accountis (in relation to direct debit services), PCI-PAL (in relation to payment card services), ARC Europe (in relation to debt recovery services) and 2Checkout (in relation to fraud protection. PAYSAFE (in relation to payment card services) and NETBANX (for card processing services and direct debit services).
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from third party booking applications, in such as MindBody, Inc. • Mailchimp marketing. • Xero Accountancy Program.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending [third party] direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.